Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Be good for goodness sake?

Being good for goodness sake is apparently no longer a Christmas carol lyric! Because when I heard on WTOP last night that Metro is going to post a paid advertisement from an atheist association on the side of their Metrobuses, I about stopped in my tracks!

Never in a million years did I think Metro would have the balls to make such a daring move, especially in an era when they desperately need good PR. But I, for one, commend Metro for allowing this—not necessarily for religious reasons, but because this will encourage debate and promote independent thinking, which I think our society needs very badly.

I don't doubt for a minute that religious organizations will push back with everything they have, but as a co-worker pointed out, this too falls under the protections of free speech.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home