Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote Quimby!

Let the record show: I voted today, and I voted for Obama.

Riverhouse actually serves as one of the polling centers for Arlington County, so talk about convenience! :) I woke up at 6:00 this morning and managed to drag myself over to the James Building by 6:20, where a line had already formed down the sidewalk along Joyce Street. My thinking was that, since I'd arrived not long after the polls had opened, I wouldn't be waiting in line for very long.

Wrong!

Once inside the James, the line extended down the hallway in the direction of the party room—but then extended down the opposite hallway, where it looped back around at the end, so we had to walk back up that same hallway we'd just come down in order to enter the party room. Sort of like walking into a forest en route to the center, then walking from the center out of the forest to the edge, then doing a complete about-face and walking back to the center.

So by the time I was sealed in my voting cubicle standing in front of the electronic voting machine, it was already 8:00.

An hour and 45 minutes . . . but it was worth it, to cast my vote. Plus, I was able to capitalize on the free coffee at Starbucks!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home