Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Joaquin Phoenix is retiring!

News broke this morning that actor Joaquin Phoenix is retiring from acting! I have to say, I'm surprised and a little saddened by this, because I think the guy's a fabulous actor.

His career began in the shadow of his older brother, the late River Phoenix, but younger brother Joaquin (who I believe had some acting credits under the name Leaf when he was much younger) evolved into a talented performer in his own right. I think his biggest breakout role was in Gladiator, but I think of him more often as the late great Johnny Cash in Walk the Line—a movie he did his own singing in, too! This might be why he's choosing to pursue a singing career instead of acting.

I guess I can only wish him good luck, but I hope one day Joaquin will reconsider this retirement and return to the silver screen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home