Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Friday, August 29, 2008

T-minus 24 hours and counting!

Honestly, I haven't been this excited since Haley's Comet collided with the moon, because we're now 20 hours away from Penn State's kickoff against Coastal Carolina!!!

Tomorrow's home opener is a day I've been yearning for almost since April, when I attended the annual spring teaser Blue/White scrimmage. At the time, baseball season had just begun, but with that small whetting of the appetite by the pigskin, my taste buds have since thirsted for football more and more each day.

I've been going to Penn State games now for close to 20 years, and the anticipation of the season-opening game truly never abates. That feeling of walking into Beaver Stadium and seeing the gridiron below, with the players practicing and JoePa pacing, is one that can't ever be put into words. Because in that moment, you feel alive. You tingle with an excitement and pride that runs deep into the soul. You feel part of something cosmic and timeless. And you feel bonded to the 110,000 Blue and White brethren that surround you.

Win or loss (hopefully win!), the experience of a Penn State football game is one like no other, and tomorrow I will lovingly embrace that most wonderful time of year with friends and family alike.

So let me say it loudly and proudly: We Are Penn State!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home