Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

RIP Estelle Getty

For a number of years, The Golden Girls was something of a guilty pleasure of mine. Yes, I freely admit that. Couldn't tell you why, but I always loved the hilarious antics of the four old ladies who shared a house in Miami. And it sure didn't hurt that its main stars were well-established comediennes like Beatrice Arthur, Betty White, Rue McLanahan, and Estelle Getty.

So I was saddened today to learn that Estelle Getty, who played the fully unhinged, fully uncensored Italian mother Sophia Petrillo, who often preceded stories of past brushes with greatness with "Picture it!", died this morning at age 84.

And as is my custom, I honor her with YouTube clips of some of her greatest Golden Girls moments.







Rest in peace, Estelle. You will be missed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home