Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Sunday, July 27, 2008

38-67?

Okay, this is starting to get rather ridiculous. I know the Nats aren't the best team in the National League (despite "The Plan" that the Lerners want us to place our collective trust in), but a 38-67 record is just pitiful.

I hate to say it, but I miss the early 2005 team—the team that played with such heart and such vigor that they made every hit, every pitch, every game count. I'd ask what the hell happened to us, but the list of things that got us to where we are now is too long (and too depressing) to get into. But let's just say that there's blame a-plenty to go around, to multiple parties.

Watching my team operate from a pathetic season record isn't exactly new territory, though. For several years I watched Penn State get badly kicked around on the field, and yet I kept watching every game with the hope that they'd pull it out in the end. I do the same for the Nats now. Ending the inaugural 2005 season with an 81-81 record was a decent achievement, but since then we've kept sliding downhill. I truly wish the tide would turn in our favor, but until then, I keep crossing my fingers each night that the Nats will pull it out . . . somehow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home