Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Monday, August 04, 2008

We've topped the Big House???

For years, I'd thought that Michigan's football stadium was the gold standard for attendance capacity, always surpassing Penn State's Beaver Stadium by just a maddeningly small margin. But if I'm reading this right, Beaver Stadium is now the #1 in capacity at 107,282, with the Big House coming in at #2 with 106,201 capacity!

As I've said before, any sort of victory over Michigan is acceptable in my book, be it on the gridiron or off. But could this be a signal that the tide may finally be turning in Penn State's favor in this rivalry? :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad Stratton said...

I seriously doubt this is accurate. Wasn't a provision of Penn State joining the Big Ten that we never have a larger capacity than Michigan?

5:27 PM  
Blogger WFY said...

It is accurate -- it was announced in March.

Also, I believe the stadium size provision isn't real. It would be a good question for snopes though.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home