Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Is Johnny Cash rolling in his grave?

After retiring from acting, Joaquin Phoenix seems to be making a rather unexpected career change: he wants to try his hand at rapping. Call me cynical, but I can't see him doing a transition from Johnny Cash (whom he was fabulous as in Walk the Line) to the likes of Eminem. And if his career as a rapper falls through, I'd hate to have to see him crawl back to acting with his tail between his legs (is that the crawl of shame, maybe?).

Personally, I think he should have remained in acting, because he had proven himself quite worthy, and was capable of great accomplishments.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's supposedly an "artsy" project he's doing...he pretends to quit acting and go into rapping, and has people following him around and taping stuff...I guess he's making a mockumentary of some type.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home