Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Now let's all get drunk and play ping pong!

On today, the 31st anniversary of my birth, I'm anticipating a quiet birthday, which is fine by me. Last year I celebrated my 30th birthday by going to the Caps-Flyers game with Will, Erica, Wiley, and Ashley. And the year before that, I ventured to Atlantic City with Colby and Mary.

It's good to have a birthday on a weekend!

But for those years where my birthday falls in the middle of the week (like this one), I'm content enough to celebrate on a smaller scale. Some ideas I had floated around included a visit to Ben's Chili Bowl, a visit to the Vienna Inn, a viewing of Frost/Nixon . . . but in the end, I decided to spend my birthday the right way: with my fabulous girlfriend Nora, who's cooking a roast for dinner and supposedly baking a cake! Is there any better way to spend your birthday than that? :)

Oh, and as to the title of this post, that will be my birthday mantra going forward!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger WFY said...

You play ping-pong?

Happy Birthday, your plans sound good.

On another note, the word verification is "jesse" -- first time I have ever had a real name there.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Fritz said...

My grandfather had a ping pong table in his basement when I was little.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home