Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Saturday, September 06, 2008

They're ready to believe you . . . again?

Oh, boy. Apparently Hollywood is continuing to contemplate making sequels to franchises that haven't been heard of since the '80s or '90s. This summer met with Indy 4, which admittedly wasn't as bad as I feared, followed by the second X-Files installment, suitably entitled I Want to Believe (which I haven't seen yet).

Rumored to be next in line for reinvention? Ghostbusters. And if IMDb tells me true, then a script could be in draft as we speak.
Recent reports suggested bosses at Columbia - the studio behind the first two movies in 1984 and 1989 - were lining up Seth Rogen, Steve Carell and Paul Rudd to join original stars Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson in a new movie.
I hate to constantly be the naysayer in situations like these, but please . . . let it be!!! The original Ghostbusters was a genuine classic, but the 1989 sequel was just wrong, and I don't even know if Harold Ramis or Ernie Hudson have been on the receiving end of a camera in the last 15 years. But if a Ghostbusters 3 indeed came to fruition, I can't help but think it'd quickly turn the franchise into a modern-day vehicle for Seth Rogen and Steve Carell.

So please, let the rumors remain as rumors, and let the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man rest in peace.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home