Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Two Spocks are better than one?

According to E! News, Leonard Nimoy will be making a cameo appearance in the upcoming Star Trek prequel, complementing actor Zachary Quinto as the younger version of our favorite Vulcan.

As the article mentions, Nimoy hasn't donned his pointed ears since Star Trek VI premiered in 1991, though I know he made a guest appearance in a two-part episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation right around the same time (though which came first, I can't quite recall.)

I'm still of two minds on whether a prequel should be made at all (I say again, did we learn nothing from Star Wars?), but I'll grant this: the addition of Nimoy to the fray will make this film a good bit more palatable. Audiences and Star Trek fans I'm sure will agree, given that Spock was always the preferred character over Captain Kirk—and actor William Shatner.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home