Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Godspeed, Todd Siebert

I've had the July/August issue of The Penn Stater sitting around my apartment for the last few weeks now, and on Saturday night, I finally picked it up to read. I just did a quick read-through, just glancing at some of the various articles and short columns in there . . . until something caught my eye.

Towads the end of the magazine is an In Memoriam section—and I realized that I recognized one of the faces there! The obit in question was for Todd Siebert, and his obituary column was headlined, "A True Military Man." I recognized him because he was someone I had several classes with when I was an undergrad at Penn State. He had already joined the Marines when I knew him, and according to the article, he died in a mortar attack in Iraq on February 16.

Truth be told, it's been years since I've thought about him, but the news of his death still fills me with great sadness. I guess because he was someone I knew and associated with, even though it was a long time ago, and it's sort of hard to believe that the classmate I knew from German 003, Philosophy 003, and Stat 100 has left this world.

Not sure what else to say, except that I salute you, Todd. Godspeed to you!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home