Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Friday, July 27, 2007

The day all Simpsons fans have waited for

Today promises to be a big day—or at least a big night, with The Simpsons Movie premiering in theaters! The advertising campaign has been surprisingly strong, and apparently pretty well received. Normally, I don't pay attention to all the movie buzz leading up to a film's release (*cough cough* Harry Potter!), but given my affection for The Simpsons . . . well, this time I bought the ticket and took the ride (to paraphrase Hunter Thompson), starting with a visit to the Kwik-E-Mart in Bladensburg. (Also, the Post did a write-up earlier this week on The Simpsons and their creative team.)

Now, if I'm very very lucky, tonight I'll make it to Potomac Yards to see The Simpsons Movie. I'm sure it'll be a zoo at the theater (like any other Friday night, really), but I'm going to make a respectable attempt nonetheless. And if I'm not too weary tomorrow, I'll post a review.

In the meantime, let's enjoy some funny moments from the show.













Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home