Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Monday, December 08, 2008

Have you stopped and smelled the roses today? (II)

The official announcement was made today, even though most of us already knew it: Penn State will be heading to the Rose Bowl on January 1, and is set to face off against USC.

While I'm disappointed that we didn't finish the season undefeated, I'm nevertheless pleased that we've secured a spot in this most prestigious of bowl games. I now find myself wondering if it'll be a crazed, tear-your-hair-out game like the 2006 Orange Bowl, or a walkover like most of our games have been this season. What's even more ponderous is whether JoePa, despite his claims to the contrary, will step down after the bowl game! I still think he should go while on top, and a Rose Bowl win would give him that opportunity.

Right now it's looking like I'll be watching the game from North Carolina—so I'd best make a good impression on the Ohio State fans I'll be staying with that week!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home