Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Monday, October 15, 2007

Fan reaction to the Star Trek prequel

The L.A. Times published an article recently about some of the early fan reactions to the forthcoming Star Trek prequel, and it's decidedly mixed (even though the article calls it cautiously optimistic).

Leonard Nimoy's announced appearance in the film boosted the fan response noticeably, but there's still some mixed feelings when you take into account the lukewarm reception to some of the more recent TV spinoffs—in particular, Voyager (which was on-and-off for me) and Enterprise (which I never saw once). Though I disagree with the assessment that Nemesis, the tenth installment in the movie franchise, was a letdown. I personally found it to be spectacular! But along with an appearance by Nimoy, I wonder if the producers are relying on the reputation of director J.J. Abrams to get the prequel some grounding with the fans, though the only thing I'm familiar with of his is Mission Impossible 3.

I have to admit, I'm still uneasy about this prequel. As I've said before, have we learned nothing about prequels from Star Wars?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home