Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Sunday, September 30, 2007

RIP, Miss Moneypenny

I just got wind that actress Lois Maxwell, famous for playing Miss Moneypenny throughout much of the James Bond franchise, has died at the age of 80, apparently from cancer.

For those unfamiliar with the James Bond movies, Miss Moneypenny was the secretary for M, James Bond's direct (and oft-annoyed) superior. And in damn near every film, the sexual tension between Moneypenny and Bond was often the subject of much tongue-in-cheek, as her unrequited passion for 007 was not very subtle.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok this has nothing what so ever to do with what you are writing about but i am so excited about it i could do cartwheels!!!! So I really want a puppy to play with and take with me places and to be my little buddy... and so today my dad (your uncle tom) said that for graduation he's going to BUY ME A PUPPY!!!!!!! I am so so so so so so so so HAPPY!!!!!! :D I am Getting a puppy and yes Ruthis is so totally jealous!!! :) just thought i would tell you :)

10:45 PM  
Blogger WFY said...

Speaking of non sequitors, that photo looks like something from myspace. You haven't fallen that awful social networking site have you?

Ian Fleming handpicked Maxwell as Moneypenny.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Fritz said...

Nah, I'm not on MySpace. Don't plan to be, either. The photo was a test shot I took at work, and I liked the googly-eyed experssion enough to post it here.

I think Lois Maxwell was one of the longest-running actresses in the James Bond franchise, topped only by Desmond Llewelyn (Q), who only bowed out after Pierce Brosnan took over. And with Lois Maxwell gone, I think all that's left of the James Bond actors are, oddly enough, Sean Connery and Roger Moore!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home