Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Baseball on the Barn

On Saturday night, I finally partook in a summer activity that I've been looking forward to since baseball season started: Baseball on the Barn!

Baseball on the Barn is organized by Nats blogger MissChatter and her husband, and I first learned of this fun event last year when I bumped into Will and Erica in Pentagon City one night (this was before I moved there), who were on their way to one such party and invited me along. To describe Baseball on the Barn is no easy task, but it's nevertheless very easy to visualize. Basically, MissChatter and her husband have a very large old house on a lovely piece of land in Falls Church, and right next to their house is a sort of carriage house/barn. And on certain nights, they access the Nats game through their laptop's streaming audio and video, connect their laptop to a projector, and project the game onto the side of their barn—essentially turning a regular old baseball game into something akin to a drive-in movie! And just like a drive-in, the experience becomes more thrilling as the sun begins to set.

This weekend was the first Baseball on the Barn I've been able to attend this season, mostly because I've had other commitments (like London) spring up during their other scheduled parties—and since it was the last Baseball on the Barn for this season, I made sure that my calendar was clear for it. Saturday's game was against the Rockies, and though rain threatened to turn it into an indoor event, our determination to remain outdoors won through (courtesy of the tent MissChatter set up, plus the lightning storms managed to skip around us for most of the evening).

The Nats did lose 5-1, but it was still a memorable experience overall, and I'm gratified I was able to make it out to one before Penn State football season began.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home