Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Monday, November 20, 2006

In comes Acta, out goes Soriano

The arrival of Manny Acta as the new Nats manager may be old news, but the departure of Alfonso Soriano isn't. While it was speculated for some time that he'd leave the Nats for another organization (despite his many claims to the contrary, that he loves DC so much and wants to stay here for as long as possible), he officialy signed on with the Cubs this weekend.

I must admit being undecided on the Soriano matter. I thought he was a very talented player, but I also can't forget how he alienated everyone in the off-season last year by refusing to play outfield. As to Acta, only time can tell. I'm one of the few people who was sad to see Frank Robinson leave, so I see Acta as having big shoes to fill. My heart still yearns for the inaugural 2005 team (pre-4th of July, that is), with names like Brad Wilkerson and Terrmel Sledge and Jose Guillen. And who can forget Frank Robinson's infamous showdown with Mike Scoscia? Can Acta live up to that? We'll see this spring, hopefully!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home