Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The end?

I went to the PSU happy hour tonight in Dupont Circle, and it really hit me when talking with a few of the other board members--college football season will be over on Saturday!!! Or at least Penn State football season will be over. And I can't help but feel truly sad. Penn State football is something I live and breath for every year. I yearn for September like a child yearns for Christmas morning, savoring the anticipation of my first trip to Happy Valley, my first steps into the open air of Beaver Stadium ready to cheer my Nittany Lions onto victory.

And Saturday's game against Michigan State is going to be the last game of this season.

It just makes me wonder, where did the time go? It feels like football season passed by without me even noticing it. Yes, I did go to games (only 4 this year), but it flew by so fast that I feel myself shellshocked by its upcoming conclusion. Saturdays won't be the same in the coming months--but then again, I usually find something else to do, so I guess I'll make due.

(If nothing else, I can at least look forward to bowl season, yes?)

But deep down, another part of me wonders . . . will this be JoePa's last game? Will the injury he sustained during the Wisconsin game be the straw that breaks the camel's back and sends the living legend into retirement? I wish I had an answer for that, but I know this much: whenever Joe coaches his last game, he will be a hero among his Penn State brethren, and I'll for sure applaud him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home