Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Friday, December 26, 2008

The greatest meal on earth

The other day, I treated myself to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants: Sin'e Irish Pub, home of the world's best potato soup.


I first visited Sin'e . . . wow, it might have been as far back as 2001! It wasn't too long after Will moved into Riverhouse and Pentagon Row itself first opened up, that much I remember. We had visited Sin'e one afternoon just to give it a try, and we were reasonably impressed with it. The same went for the potato soup on that first visit, but obviously both the soup and the restaurant got much better with age. And now, the potato soup is nothing short of a delicacy!

I'll often order it as either an appetizer (in a cup) or as part of their "beggar's banquet", when it comes in a bowl accompanied by a salad (house or Caesar). It's a very rich and creamy soup, filled with plenty of potatos, bacon, cheese, and chives, and I haven't met anyone yet who hasn't been intoxicated by this marvelous fare. And when served with either a Guinness or a black and tan (pictured above), you can't go wrong.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger WFY said...

I'm surprised you rank this over Vienna Inn.

We need to have a double date there with ice skating afterward.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Fritz said...

It's a tough call in any case, but the Sin'e potato soup wins out over the Inn's chili dogs by a hair--51% to 49% of the vote.

Agreed on the double date.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home