Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Nothing is sacred anymore (VIII)

YouTube is great! I'll just get that out of the way now. :) I mean, where else can people exercise their video creativity than on YouTube?

I've lost track of the number of trailers I've seen on YouTube that have been recut to resemble other movies—like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles recut to the tune of Brokeback Mountain, or Monsters, Inc. recut to resemble The Big Lebowski. One time (though I didn't blog about it) I even remember seeing the trailer for When Harry Met Sally recut as a horror movie trailer!

I think this latest one takes the cake, though: The Goofy Movie trailer recut to resemble a David Lynch film! Just the idea of Goofy, one of the greatest Disney characters of all time, going on a nightmarish head-trip à la Twin Peaks, Lost Highway, or Mulholland Dr. is just mesmerizing! If only such a movie truly existed, though . . . *sigh*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home