Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Examination of road rage, or accurate depiction of DC traffic?

Getting my inspiration from one of Will's posts yesterday, I began looking at some old Goofy clips on YouTube (I have a soft spot for Goofy and various old-school Disney cartoons in general), and came across this.



While it gives a comedic cartoon depiction of the downside to road rage, I found myself relating to certain elements depicted herein . . . more than I wanted to admit to! In doing so, I found myself comparing this clip to actual DC-area traffic, and found a great many parallels.

The segment about merging from a dead stop onto a superhighway is spot on (I'm thinking of the exit from Colesville Road southbound onto the outer loop of 495 before they "corrected" it), and I've done the "stop-light race" more times than I can count! As for the parallel parking bit, you've obviously never tried finding a parking spot on Constitution Avenue at the height of cherry blossom season! ;)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger WFY said...

Mr. Wheeler!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home