Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Friday, November 02, 2007

An X-Files sequel!

It's apparently official: The X-Files, that fabulous TV series from the '90s about the paranormal, is going to film a sequel to its 1998 feature film! Production starts on December 10.

While I'm not displeased by this bit of news, it does puzzle me, mostly because a) when it gets released, it'll be 10 years (almost to the day!) since the original feature film, The X-Files: Fight the Future, premiered in theaters, b) the show's been out of syndication since 2002, and c) when taken together, I have to wonder if anyone's going to be flocking to the theaters to see this. I mean, while it does have a fan following, it's not exactly a hot commodity anymore.

I've been making these same points about the upcoming Star Trek prequel and Indy 4 for some time now—though despite my qualms about all three movies, I'll still probably end up seeing them in the theaters.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home