Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Big Ten Network wants to clear the air?

In my daily Penn State NewsWire e-mail, I saw an article about the Big Ten Network and all myths/facts associated thereto. Given that they've been a bit of a thorn in my side this season, I may be a little biased against them, but in all fairness, I read the article just to see what they had to say—though I entered it thinking they'd try to portray themselves in the best light possible, that they're the good guys, that they're always thinking of the consumer . . . and of course, I was right. (I also happened to notice that they had a few subtle shots at Comcast.)

The last myth/fact really made me laugh, though.
MYTH: If I don't like sports I shouldn't have to pay for the network.
FACT: Everyone pays for channels they don't watch.
Yeah, and as Brad Pitt says in Fight Club, sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home