Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Beautiful music (XI)

I've grown to enjoy Bob Dylan's music in the last few years, and this version of "Girl from the North Country" I think is the most poignant, the most beautiful. This version only occasionally shows up on YouTube, and I wish this version was somehow available for download or on an album, because I think it expresses the longing and the anguish of the song more than any other recording of it.

If I understand it correctly, Dylan sang this song on a Canadian TV show sometime in the early '60s.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home