Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Friday, July 17, 2009

The Drafthouse files for bankruptcy

My heart sank when I heard this on the radio tonight: the Arlington Cinema 'N' Drafthouse is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. I know it doesn't mean an imminent closure of the popular movie venue, but given the debt numbers cited by the article, it's gonna be a rough road ahead for the Drafthouse.

I've been frequenting the movie establishment since spring 2002, when I watched Ocean's Eleven there with Will and Erica. I was hooked on the place right from the get-go, and I can honestly say that no other movie theater is like the Drafthouse. I mean, where else can you sit at a table and eat a full meal while watching your favorite movie on the big screen?

I genuinely hope that the Drafthouse is able to regain its financial footing, because if it ever goes out of business, Arlington will lose one of its most remarkable movie theaters.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home