Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Those blue eyes have been closed

I about stopped in my tracks this morning when I learned that actor Paul Newman had died at the age of 83. It's almost impossible to imagine this, as he's been such a landmark in cinema for so many years, starring in such notable films as The Hustler, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Cool Hand Luke, The Sting, Slap Shot, and his Oscar-winning turn in Martin Scorsese's The Color of Money. Like so many others, I was kinda holding out hope that one day he'd pair up with co-star Robert Redford again, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

This is my favorite Paul Newman scene, as shown in The Sting.



Rest in peace, Paul! You will certainly be missed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home