Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Friday, September 26, 2008

An early contender?

Looks like the search for an Oscar host is getting under way, if IMDb tells me true!
British comedian Ricky Gervais is hotly tipped to host next year's Academy Awards.

Gossips claim new Oscars bosses Laurence Mark and Bill Condon were impressed with The Office creator's laugh-raising stint at Sunday's Emmy Awards, and they want to audition him for the Oscars.
I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but I've never heard of Gervais, and I don't know what his particular brand of comedy entails. Though this much I can say: it may be a tall order following in the footsteps of Ellen DeGeneres and Jon Stewart. They did a fabulous job of hosting the ceremonies in recent years, so the bar for a good and engaging host may be a little higher.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home