Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Monday, June 09, 2008

A momentary brush with Hollywood?

On Saturday, my father was in town to visit, and we paid our first visit to the Udvar-Hazy Museum (i.e., the Dulles wing of the Air and Space Museum) in close to five years. I'd been eager to visit that museum again because, with exhibits like the Enola Gay and the space shuttle Enterprise, I find the Udvar-Hazy wing to be far superior to the main Air and Space Museum on the National Mall.

When we arrived, the first thing I noticed was a long line of people gathered by the main stairwell leading down to the main floor. Then I noticed that it wasn't a line per se, but merely onlookers, because there was a film crew gathered by the SR-71 spy plane. The security guards nearby were enforcing photography restrictions and had roped off a good portion of the main floor, and I overheard someone saying something about a documentary being filmed. So I proceeded to push thoughts of the film crew from my mind and went about gazing at the other planes and exhibits elsewhere in the museum.

I was disappointed, though, because I had really wanted to get some pictures of the space shuttle Enterprise, and the film crew had blocked off access to that hangar.

A few hours later, when my father and I went back to the main floor where the film crew had originally been stationed, I was disappointed to find them still there filming (I had been hoping they had finished for the day so we could go into the shuttle hangar). Someone nearby then asked the security guard what was being filmed, and his answer caught me off-guard: Transformers 2. When I heard this, I wasn't sure if he was being honest or just egging us on (because I know that sometimes directors keep a very strict hush-hush about films being made), so I checked IMDb when I got home, and sure enough, Michael Bay is in fact directing a sequel to his live-action Transformers movie, with the working title Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.

Which leads me to wonder, is the SR-71 spy plane at Udvar-Hazy really a Decepticon?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home