Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The best in sports meltdowns

It occurred to me recently that some of the greatest moments in sports history came in the form of coaching meltdowns. At the time, such a moment of high anxiety and supreme frustration might seem unsettling, but in retrospect, they provide some of the funniest moments you can ever see.

Take Jim Mora's two famous flakeouts.





This is my personal favorite, simply because it makes no sense at all.



I think Hal McRae at least gets points for being the most destructive. (Be warned, from here on out, it gets significantly less work-friendly.)



Though I think Lee Elia's famous rant against the Cubs' fans has to take the cake.



Now I just have to wonder, out of all these (and so many others out there), which is the funniest?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home