Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Friday, May 23, 2008

JoePa doesn't make the cut

Today Yahoo published a list of 10 best college football coaches, and JoePa didn't make the cut. At the same time, I'm surprised yet not surprised.

I'm surprised because JoePa is a living legend among football coaches, whose name is synonymous with class and dignity in the NCAA. I'm not surprised because, at the tender age of 81, I think he's finally outlived his usefulness to the Penn State football program, and is in danger of damaging his reputation by staying in the program rather than bowing out gracefully.

Though how gets snubbed in favor of Jim Tressel of Ohio State is beyond me! At least Lloyd Carr wasn't on the list.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home