Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Friday, March 14, 2008

Murky Coffee closing!!!

Will sent me an IM last night with some terrible news: my favorite DC coffee shop, Murky Coffee, will be closing its doors due to an unpaid tax bill (to the tune of $220,000). The City Paper's been keeping tabs on the developments as they happen, and it appears that the District is only focusing on the Capitol Hill store. I've queried the owner to the fate of its Arlington store, and my hope is that it'll remain in business so that people can still enjoy Murky's wonderful blend of java.

In any case, this is a major loss for Capitol Hill and Eastern Market. I truly mean it when I say, Murky Coffee was some wonderful coffee, with a store that was very charming and quaint.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home