Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's a miracle!

A miracle has happened! Against all odds, Will managed to score two tickets to the opening night game at Nationals Park, so tonight we head to the inaugural game of our beloved Washington Nationals as they take on the hated Atlanta Braves (well, at least for me they're hated)! I didn't think I'd have a prayer of making this game, especially not after the melee that took place when tickets when on sale (i.e., selling out in six minutes).

I've driven past the ballpark several times in the last few months, and each time it looks better and better. Last night I actually caught some of the exhibition game against the Orioles (take that, Peter Angelos!) on TV, and it honestly felt weird not to be seeing the Nats play at RFK. It'll feel just as weird tonight, too, I'll bet. But there was still a great feeling of elation at seeing Nationals Park in operation, and I think this is the final element that firmly cements the Nats' place in the baseball canon: we have a team, an owner, a (crooked) TV deal, and a beautiful ballpark to call our own.

Having said that, all I can say now is . . . play ball!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how was the experience? And more importantly, how was the food?? :-)

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home