Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Saturday, May 19, 2007

So much for "same time, same channel"

When I turned on MASN tonight to get the Nats-O's game, I was somewhat perturbed to find it all Orioles: Orioles colors in the scoreboard, all-Baltimore commercials . . . the usual Baltimore-is-superior-to-Washington-because-Peter-Angelos-says-so motif.

Just of curiosity, I switched over to MASN 2 to see if the game was on there; no such luck. And again, out of curiosity, I logged onto nationals.com to see which MASN station was officially carrying the game: it said MASN 2 and WDCA. Surprised at this discovery, I switched to WDCA, and indeed found the game—only this time, it was decked out Washington style: Washington colors on the scoreboard, etc. And it even had the MASN 2 brand logo down in the corner. So now that I've gone through this channel shuffle, where both teams were given top billing on different channels, I have two questions to ask:
  1. If MASN 2 is the carrier, why isn't MASN 2's actual channel carrying the game? Why is WDCA carrying it under the MASN 2 umbrella?
  2. Who's on first? (Which is a polite way of me saying, "Whiskey tango foxtrot." Which is yet another polite way of me saying . . . well, you get the idea.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home