Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Shuffleboard on the radio

Well, it finally happened—Bonneville station WGMS (104.1) gave classical music the boot in favor of pop rock, and WETA (90.9) reverted back to classical. I noticed it on Tuesday night during my drive over to Silver Spring, and I found myself facing dual emotions: sadness that WGMS has left us, but gratitude that WETA went back to classical and thus retained a classical station in the Metro area. Understandably, though, WETA has been getting some negative feedback from listeners who preferred their all-news format, but I can assure you, I'm not one of those people. I'm very glad that WETA is classical again.

Since all this was precipitated by Dan Snyder, who entered into negotiations to buy WGMS in order to give his Redskins radio presence a boost, I originally thought a chorus of "Danny Boy" would be in order, but upon reflection, I can't think of anyone in the Washington region who'd sing the line, "We love you so."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home