Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Monday, March 30, 2009

The best car chases

I found an article on CNN.com this morning listing the top 10 movie car chases. The list essentially goes like this***:

10. Cannonball Run
9. Death Proof
8. The Fast and the Furious
7. Mad Max II: The Road Warrior
6. Vanishing Point
5. Gone in 60 Seconds
4. The French Connection
3. The Italian Job (the Michael Caine original)
2. Ronin
1. Bullitt

***Green indicates what I've seen, red indicates what I haven't seen.

I'd personally rank The French Connection's chase over Bullitt's, not only because I found The French Connection to be a better movie, but largely because the elevated train chase had a much greater feel of realism, grittiness, and spontaneity to it. Ronin definitely deserves the #2 spot for its intense BMW/Peugeot pursuit. Though I'm surprised that none of the chases from the Bourne movies made it onto this list, as the chase through Moscow at the end of The Bourne Supremacy was one of the best I've seen.


Ronin chase


The French Connection chase (or at least a small chunk of it)


Bullitt chase

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home