Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Monday, September 17, 2007

Mustang Sally: the Hamme version

This weekend, I drove a convertible for the first time! My girlfriend Christina works for Enterprise Rent-a-car, and on Saturday she rented a Chrysler Sebring convertible for us to drive around that weekend.

The experience was actually better than I had expected! It was an absolutely beautiful weekend weather-wise, though a tiny bit on the chilly side. But not once was it difficult to talk to each other, for my main concern would be that the wind rush would be so loud that neither of us could hear the other. But somehow it was actually a little quieter than if we'd have been driving with the windows down.

We took quite a long drive on Sunday, actually, driving to and from White Marsh, then visiting some of the million-dollar homes in the outskirts of Bel Air and Harford County. All the beautiful country up there reminded me of central PA and the lush landscapes I remember from growing up there. But driving around in a convertible made it so much more enjoyable, because we could mingle with nature while we cruised, and I highly recommend the experience!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger WFY said...

My attorney saw the hitchhiker long before I did. "Let's give this boy a lift," he said, and before I could mount any argument he was stopped and this poor Okie kid was running up to the car with a big grin on his face, saying, "Hot damn! I never rode in a convertible before!"

"Is that right?" I said. "Well, I guess you're about ready, eh?"

The kid nodded eagerly as we roared off.

"We're your friends," said my attorney. "We're not like the others."

10:38 AM  
Blogger Fritz said...

No more of that talk or I'll put the leeches on ya!"

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home