Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Doh!

On behalf of all Washington-area Simpsons fans, I must loudly proclaim, "Doh!!!" For it has officially been announced that Springfield, VT, has been selected for the premiere of The Simpsons Movie.

I first learned of this selection process a few months back, when it was announced that Hollywood would premiere the film in one of the many Springfields around the U.S. Naturally, I was cheering for Springfield, VA, because of its proximity to me; it sits just outside the Beltway—and in fact came to notoriety for housing one of the area's three "mixing bowls."

But given that I won't be in Vermont for The Simpsons Movie premiere, the choice now becomes whether I remain die-hard enough to see the film on opening night at Potomac Yards, or whether I wait until it runs at the Drafthouse.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger WFY said...

Nobody entered Springfield, Va. in the contest for some reason.

We might have to take a trip the Kwik-E Mart in Bladensburg.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Fritz said...

Agreed!!! Hopefully the Kwik-E-Mart will have some Duff Beer.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home