Fritz's World

An exciting and awe-inspiring glimpse into my life: movie reviews (which are replete with spoilers), Penn State football, Washington Nationals, and life here in the nation's capital. Can you handle it?

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Razzies are in!

Now that the Oscar hangover has started to subside, let us turn our focus to another award show: the Razzies! As a perfect prelude to last night's Oscars, this year's Razzie awards were released on Saturday night. I made some predictions when the formal list came out, and out of the 7 that I predicted, I came away with a score of 4. The results are as follows:

  • Worst Picture: Basic Instinct 2 (I had predicted Little Man; score of 0 out of 7 for me)
  • Worst Actor(s): Marlon Wayans & Shawn Wayans (spot-on pick; 1 out of 7)
  • Worst Actress: Sharon Stone (2 out of 7)
  • Worst Supporting Actor: M. Night Shyamalan (3 out of 7)
  • Worst Supporting Actress: Carmen Electra (I had picked Kate Bosworth)
  • Worst Director: M. Night Shyamalan (I had picked Keenan Ivory Wayans; and let me also say, I'm glad Ron Howard didn't win, for I still don't understand why he was razzed for The Da Vinci Code)
  • Worst Remake Or Rip-off: Little Man (4 out of 7)
The rest of the results are below, even though I didn't make predictions for any of these categories.

  • Worst Screen Couple: Shawn Wayans and either Kerry Washington or Marlon Wayans
  • Worst Prequel or Sequel: Basic Instinct 2
  • Worst Screenplay: Basic Instinct 2
  • Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment: RV
And there we have it, ladies and germs—the Oscars and the Razzies. The best and the worst of this year's cinematic entries, respectively.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger WFY said...

Bosworth wasn't bad in Superman Returns. I think she was miscast, but she got the job done even if no one is forgetting Margot Kidder.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home